". . .the word of God is not bound." II Tim. 2:9b

Sunday, April 10, 2016

STEM Bus USA



My school may be small, but we have an active PTO. This year, the parent-teacher organization brought the STEM Bus to visit and give K-12 students a chance to explore Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) in an upbeat, hands-on environment. Stembususa.org offers teacher resources, summer STEM camp information, and info on how to bring the 60-foot Mobile Discovery Lab to your school. I got to test out an Oculus Rift, something even the most avid gamers among my students had never done. The virtual reality OR was also my son Axel's favorite, though he spent a lot of time with the electronic circuit set. It wasn't just me and my kid geeking out, though, Every single person, students and teachers alike, was having the time of their lives. I highly recommend this experience as a spark of inspiration and just plain fun for all ages. Talk to your PTO about booking the STEM Bus for your school!

No comments: