". . .the word of God is not bound." II Tim. 2:9b

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

A Song in Heaven

I've been stressed by all of the life events that have collided upon my week: two drama play performances, changes at church, student issues, and minor health problems to name a few. The drama performances alone would be enough to stress a person out. It's so tempting during times like these to forego Bible reading, but these are just the times when we must depend completely on God.

This morning I reread a passage in Revelation that has stuck with me for a month or so.

"Worthy art Thou, our Lord and our God, to receive glory and honor and power; for Thou didst create all things, and because of Thy will they existed, and were created." Revelation 4:11

This is one of many songs and choral speeches in the Revelation. When I read them, I'm at peace. My stressful week is surmountable when I look to the God whose will created all things. Like thankfulness, praise reverses anxiety.

No comments: