". . .the word of God is not bound." II Tim. 2:9b

Monday, June 1, 2020

"The Bleak Wood," a short story, now online in Barely South Review

Writing mild horror fiction may seem like an odd side hustle for a Christian teacher, but what can I say? The imagination is a beautiful creation.

The spring issue of Barely South Review is out, and you can pop over there right now and read my short story, "The Bleak Wood" (if you are brave enough!). Basically, if ticks and other creepy-crawlies freak you out, this piece might not be to your taste. Other than that, it's appropriate for middle school on up.

Barely South Review is the literary journal of the Creative Writing program at Old Dominion University, and I'm thrilled to have my work appear in its pages. Hope you stop by and check it out!

1 comment:

Susan Page Davis said...

I read it and enjoyed shuddering. Creepy!