". . .the word of God is not bound." II Tim. 2:9b

Thursday, June 2, 2016

God-Size Victory

The Shepherd David by Elizabeth Gardner
In I Samuel 17:34-37, David declares to King Saul his worthiness to face the giant Goliath in battle:  
But David said to Saul, “Your servant was tending his father’s sheep. When a lion or a bear came and took a lamb from the flock, I went out after him and attacked him, and rescued it from his mouth; and when he rose up against me, I seized him by his beard and struck him and killed him. “Your servant has killed both the lion and the bear; and this uncircumcised Philistine will be like one of them, since he has taunted the armies of the living God.” And David said, “The LORD who delivered me from the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear, He will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine.” And Saul said to David, “Go, and may the LORD be with you.” (NASB)
I am praying for another David today. I'm praying that potential third-party Presidential candidate David French will not regard the giant, but the past victories God has given into his hands. Education is just one reason America needs an articulate conservative President. This is not just about someone to vote for in good conscience in November. Our religious liberties are at stake. We need a God-size victory.
 

No comments: